Saturday, November 04, 2006

Odds and Ends

I think I was sitting about fifteen feet behind the person shooting this video. The man's technique is amazing.
Linsey Alexander at Kingston Mines


Here are some images that never made it to the blog in the past few weeks. I liked these, but I didn't have a good use for them.

Soldier Field in it's current incarnation. Someone said "remodel it," and someone else thought "land a spaceship in it."
The Library Center roof.
The city turns citrusy on overcast nights.
I'm the one in the middle.
This was one of my favorite pieces in Grant Park, some kind of ten foot wood sprite.
This is outside the Museum of Contemporary Art. I'm a little surprised it hasn't gotten a parking ticket, given the tenacity of the parking cops.
A wide shot of the Kingston Mines stage. It's one of the few great places in the city that can still be called a "joint."
I always make a point of seeing this painting when I'm in Chicago, as well as Nighthawks by Hopper and the giant painting of Mao by Warhol. All three were absent from the museum, on loan for the renovation. That's the official story, but I wonder if the curator has gambling debts to pay off.
Looking directly up at the bean.
The same shot with a flash- fun stuff.
A tiny hot dog. Three of these are almost a meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ugg ednnatga ugg baratas jntukvty botas ugg zarvxzvr ugg australia gbjcybay ugg espa?a fofiitpm