Monday, October 30, 2006

I didn't really do anything notable today. The el was supposed to be back to normal after the fire last week, but there must have been other problems, as the loop was backed up all over the place. I had contemplated going to the University of Chicago, but then I looked at the route to the nearest stop to campus. It goes through some rough territory. The Red Eye has a blurb about a double homicide in a giant knife fight involving a gang of women a couple blocks from the stop. I envision an el stop with boiling pits and spinning fire things like the last level of Super Mario Brothers, and a swarm of those bug things from Halo. Weak video game nonsequiturs are pretty much the only way I'm comfortable talking about social inequity.

Here's hoping I find something better to do tomorrow.

No comments: